Mark 'Pugsley' Adams
Club Stalwart who has been at the club since the forties.
Qualified up to the eyeballs with football degrees and is
increasingly taking a bigger part in the club which will only
benefit all the players in the future.
Apparently been likened to Peter from Family Guy?
Eldest son of coach Mark, Jordan should do well at 15/17 level this
season and break into the combination ranks
Brett 'combi manager' Armitage
Role: Combi Manager and co-secretary
1. How long have been at the club? 14 years
2. Previous clubs (if applicable) Laxey, Bradden, IOM
3. Best player at the club – Danny Gerrard
4. Who thinks they are the best player at the club but really aren't? Joe Kelly
5. Biggest moaner at the club (and why) Im combi manager with Pete so anyone player who doesn’t get selected or dropped to the bench, even after being told we have to rotate to keep everyone happy
6. Biggest DILF at the club? Jonno (The silver fox)
7. Manx Honours (trophies)? Combi League 2 about 4 times, once did the Junior cup and Combi 2 double, Junior cup with Bradden and clean sweep off 14-16 with Laxey
8. Best current manx player you have played against? Jonny Myers
9. Best manx player you have ever played against? Jonny Palmer
10. Favourite Away ground? Laxey
11. Best trainer at the club? The Ridings
12. Worst trainer at the club? Me
13. Best thing about the club? The togetherness - COYW
14. Worst thing about the club? The junior plastic goals, there crap and falls to bits
15. What football team do your support ? Liverpool
16. Who is the best player in the world at the moment? Luis Suarez
17. Who do you hate? There was a guy who used to live on Barrule Drive who we called Hunchback or Hunchie, an 80 year old about 5 foot nothing and had a hunchback. He used to scare the S#/t out of me, didn’t really hate him just thought he was weird – old Ba][‘;.d !!!!!
18. Pre match meal? Bacon bap – for fun!!!!
19. Most extreme thing you have ever done? Setting fire to Onchan School 40 metre hedge at the top of the school field with Messrs Davis and the Coppell twins, who look f’#k all like each other, infact i don’t even think their brothers. Anyway Davis lit the gorse and when it caught fire properly Bob tried to kick it out whilst we all ran away, fire engines turned up and put it out but we got away with it. Or there was that time when Craig Kirkman through a super aero bang in a letter box when we were walking up Royal Avenue or setting firework rockets off on the floor on Onchan school playground then running away from them, now and again they would hit us, but we were kids.
Oh there was the time i got on the back off a stolen scooter, under age, no helmet, no insurance, no tax – went to a party on it !!!, drinking being a nuisance got caught but only got cautioned !!!
Got plenty more but i think you get the idea that it was all peer pressure, apart from the time i tried to punch James Sealey when slightly intoxicated, he ducked and i ended up head first in the doorway of the Onchan Co-op – what was i thinking trying to smack James Sealey !!!
20. What should be your profile picture and why? Also please suggest other profile pictures for other players? Errrm maybe a picture of me
James 'Dancer' Beattie
Former under 12, 14, 15, 15-17 and cowell cup and occasional combi
player, Returns after 2 or 3 seasons at old boys in
Robert 'BJ' Bentley
BJ as he known, Stands for Bobby John
Former youth product from under 14's in the mid ninety's, spent
several years on the fringe of the combi before breaking in to
senior set up
Now a quality player with a bit of pace and skill, performs in
training every week and does it on a Saturday
Likes - Waking up in bushes, manicures, his old profile
picture!, Being confident
Dislikes - Bushy eyebrows, angry dogs on holiday, The ladies
attention, fulfilling his potential
David 'Biggie' Bignell
Role: Committee Member
Chelsea supporting gloryhunter since the days of Kerry Dixon. Weighs in at flyweight but loves tackling and winding up oppostion players.
Former Combi Captain now establishing himself in the first team, leads by example in effort and determination.
Known to make the odd bet on anything
Likes - Winding the oppostion up. Playing at Rushen, Kraftwerk, Andy Fordham, Bob Anderson, Ian "King Monkey" Brown, Magners, Guiness, chewitts, dedicating goals
Dislikes - Betting coupons, no longer being a student, Serie A & B, Being linked with youth centre transfer
1. How long have been at the club? Since July 2011
2. Previous clubs (if applicable)?? Pulrose United and Braddan AFC (Junior) and Marown AFC (Senior)
3. Best player at the club? Chris Cannell
4. Who thinks they are the best player at the club but really aren't? Burnsy
5. Biggest moaner at the club (and why)?? Coppell and I think just because his standards are high
6. Biggest DILF at the club? Ste Corran
7. Manx Honours (trophies)?? A lot of junior titles but no senior titles yet
8. Best current manx player you have played against? ?Frank Jones or Chris Bass
9. Best manx player you have ever played against? ?Same as above
10. Favourite Away ground? St Georges
11. Best trainer at the club?? Cameron Lee
12. Worst trainer at the club? Wadey because he’s never there
13. Best thing about the club? At the moment our team spirit COYW
14. Worst thing about the club? The egg chasing pitch nextdoor
15. What football team do your support? Manchester United (Liar – he supports stoke)
16. Who is the best player in the world at the moment?? Messi
17. Who do you hate?? The Manx Whisper
18. Pre match meal?? Cereal, pancakes, then a sandwich
19. Most extreme thing you have ever done? Skiing down the Matahorn in Switzerland or throwing tennis balls at cars in Farmhill, getting chased on foot by the police and getting on the radio for it
20. What should be your profile picture and why? Also please suggest other profile pictures for other players? Tom Black
3 time player of the year, also Island player of the year 2002/03
Signed by the Bridgewaters consortium from DHSOB in 2010/11
Fearless and powerful player whose determination belies her
years as one of the youngest players at the club
Womens top scorer in the 05/06 season, loads of
Likes: Hard tackles, showing her mum how its done
Dislikes: Peel, Wimps