Nickname - The Whites
Corinthians, the long standing Noble's park club, was formed in the early thirties from lads belonging to St. Andrew's Scouts, under the leadership of Sandy Ford. After playing a series of friendlies, the club joined the Association in 1933 and contested the second division league championship.
It was not until 1949 that the Douglas club gained its first trophy, by defeating St. Mary's in the junior cup final. Contesting the second division from 1951, the 'Whites' captured the Hospital Cup in 1957 and regained the trophy in 1960.
The club continued to be competitive in the sixties and at last won the second division title in 1966, two years after taking the woods cup by defeating St. Mary's in the final. It was left to club stalwarts such as life member Denis Cain and Dick Ward to keep the club in existence during the dark days of the seventies, but by 1979 the club were second division champions again.
In 1981 Corinthians enjoyed a remarkable season, reaching the railway cup semi-finals, and later the hospital cup final, only to fall victim to Rushen on both occasions. But they had the consolation of fourth place in division one and seeing keeper Mike Harding voted Footballer of the year.
Champions of the second division again in 1990, the club graced the first division again.
In the nineties Corinthian's spent most of the decade in the second division but with a flourishing youth policy the new millennium looks promising. Recently the club had its most remarkable season in the clubs history in 2001/02, the first team finished runners up in the second division, won the Paul Henry Gold cup, were beaten finalists in the IOM FA cup, and semi-finalists in the Hospital cup and Woods cup. The combi won their respective league and reached the junior cup final losing 9-8 on penalties to Rushen United. The Women's team won the 2nd Division title in only their 3rd season since being formed. Things look good for the mighty whites.